Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 1hr | Total: 1 hr 15 mins | Servings: 8 | Yield: 8 servings
Zucchini is a versatile squash rich in plant compounds, minerals, and vitamins. It can offer several health benefits, from improved digestion to lower heart disease risk. Zucchini will strengthen your lungs, your thyroid, and your prostate. If you are curious, try adding this mild and soft fruit to your diet today. Speaking of zucchini, I found this recipe for Cheesy Zucchini Cornbread Casserole in my mother’s cookbook, decided to try this one today. Seriously, is their anything zucchini can’t do?
Cheesy Zucchini Cornbread Casserole is a perfect use of zucchini and adds a veggie to your meal. This delicious dish is easy to prepare and will love your guests. It is an extremely simple and tasty recipe, and with the addition of other vegetables, herbs, or cheese, it is simple to make your own. Serve this for holidays, potlucks, BBQs, or any variety of fantastic recipes to serve. Try this recipe for Cheesy Zucchini Cornbread Casserole, and enjoy it with your loved ones.
4 cups shredded zucchini
(1) onion, chopped
(2) large eggs, beaten
(1) (8.5 oz) package dry corn muffin mix
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
8 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
2. In a large bowl, add and mix zucchini, onion, eggs, muffin mix, salt, and pepper. Stir in 4 ounces of the cheese. Spread this mixture into a greased 2-quart casserole dish, top with the remaining 4 ounces of cheese.
3. Bake for 60 minutes in a preheated oven.
1. I must mention for you who don’t know about preparing zucchini for cooking — baking in particular. Zucchinis are very watery, so make sure you plan yours, so you don’t end up with a soggy mess. I sliced my zucchini, put it in a sink colander, then light salted the zucchini shreds to remove the extra water.
Per Serving: 261.3 calories; fat 13.6g 21% DV; cholesterol 77mg 26% DV; sodium 820.5mg 33% DV; protein 11.9g 24% DV; carbohydrates 23.4g 8% DV.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!