Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
I will never get tired of recommending this recipe to my friends! It is just too perfect. I have listed all the things you will need, so all you have to do is follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have a wonderful day, friends. Enjoy!
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts – cut into 1.5-inch pieces
2 tbsp oil
1 lb asparagus – ends trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
½ c sliced mushrooms
⅓ c reduced-sodium soy sauce – (use a little less if you are using regular)
1 c chicken broth
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
3 tsp minced garlic
¼ c brown sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
¼ tsp ground ginger
2 tbsp corn starch + 3 tbsp cold water – whisked till dissolved
chopped green onions and sesame seeds, for garnish
1. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the chicken breasts and sear each side for about 3 minutes or until they turn brown.
4. Add the mushrooms and asparagus, then saute until soft.
5. In a mixing bowl, add soy sauce, chicken broth, brown sugar, garlic, hoisin, ginger, and sesame oil. Whisk until well mixed.
6. Pour the mixture into the skillet and stir until well mixed. Allow it to boil.
7. Add the dissolved cornstarch and stir until well blended. Allow the mixture to become thick.
8. Remove the skillet from the heat, then sprinkle green onions and sesame seeds on top.
9. Serve and enjoy!
For a spicy version, add 1 tsp of sriracha and 1 tsp of red pepper flakes. This is a must-try!
Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 1158mg | Potassium: 703mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 883 IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 57 mg | Iron: 4 mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!