Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
I have never tasted such a delicious sauce! This Chicken and Spinach in Creamy Paprika Sauce is something you might want to eat all the time! Ready in just 30 minutes, this is truly a must-try!
1 tsp Smoked Paprika (for seasoning chicken)
2 tbsp unsalted butter
4 Chicken Breasts (boneless & skinless)
¼ tsp Salt and Pepper (each for seasoning chicken)
Creamy Paprika Sauce:
½ c heavy cream
½ c chicken broth (sodium-free)
1 tsp fresh lemon juice (juice of squeezed, lemon)
1 tbsp flour (sifted)
1 tsp paprika
2 c fresh spinach
½ tsp salt
4 cloves garlic, minced
½ c dry white wine
1 tbsp butter
For the Chicken:
1. Sprinkle paprika, salt, and pepper over the chicken. Rub each until well coated.
2. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add 2 tbsp of butter and allow it to melt.
4. Add the chicken, then cook each side for about 3 minutes or until they turn golden brown. Remove the chicken from the skillet and transfer them onto a clean plate.
For the Creamy Sauce:
1. In the same skillet, add 1 tbsp of butter and allow it to melt again.
2. Add garlic and sauté for about a minute or until aromatic.
3. Add the flour, then whisk and cook for a minute to remove the raw taste.
4. Pour in the wine, then stir until well blended. Simmer for about 2 minutes to remove the alcohol content. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the skillet to get the browned bits.
5. Add lemon juice, heavy cream, and chicken broth. Stir until well blended.
6. Sprinkle paprika and salt to season. Simmer the sauce for 2 minutes more. Add more seasonings if needed, but make sure to taste first before adding anything. We don’t want to over-season it.
7. Add the spinach, then cook for about 2 minutes or until wilted.
8. Put the chicken back into the skillet, then toss until well-coated with the delicious sauce. Heat for 5 more minutes to cook the chicken further.
9. Serve right away. Enjoy!
Calories 330 | Calories from Fat 180 | Fat 20g31% | Saturated Fat 11g69% | Cholesterol 128mg43% | Sodium 726mg32% | Potassium 624mg18% | Carbohydrates 6g2% | Fiber 1g4% | Protein 25g50% | Vitamin A 2585IU52% | Vitamin C 15.8 mg19% | Calcium 51mg5% | Iron 1.4 mg8%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!