Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 50 mins | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 6 Servings
If you want only the best for the ones you love, then you need to try this recipe! This casserole is simply the best! All you need are these simple ingredients and easy steps, and you are good to go. Enjoy!
10.5 ounces of Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
½ c milk
½ c sour cream
2 c shredded cheddar cheese, separated
2 tbsp butter
1 1/4 c white long-grain rice, uncooked
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 2 c diced rotisserie chicken
2 1/2 c chicken broth
1 tbsp olive oil
2 c fresh broccoli florets, uncooked
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
Salt/Pepper, to taste
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried thyme
2 tbsp melted butter
1 c Ritz crackers, crushed
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Slice the chicken into small pieces.
3. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning over the chicken. Toss until well coated.
4. Place a large pot on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
5. Add butter and allow it to melt.
6. Add the chicken, then cook for 5 minutes or until all sides turn golden brown. Transfer onto a clean plate.
7. In the same pot, add olive oil, rice, and chicken broth. Stir until just mixed. Allow the mixture to boil.
8. Turn the heat down to low, then simmer for about 7 minutes.
9. Add the broccoli, then cover the pot. Cook for another 8 minutes. Make sure not to stir.
10. Turn the heat off and allow the rice to sit for another 10 minutes.
11. Add the sour cream, cooked chicken, 1/2 cheddar cheese, seasonings, and soup.
12. Apply cooking spray to a 9×13-inch casserole dish.
13. Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish and spread it evenly.
14. Place it in the preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
15. Mix crumbled crackers and melted butter.
16. Add the mixture over the casserole and spread it evenly.
17. Bake for another 10 minutes or until done.
18. Remove the casserole from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
19. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 511 kcal, Carbohydrates: 30g, Protein: 23g, Fat: 33g, Saturated Fat: 17g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 100mg, Sodium: 1174mg, Potassium: 470mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 1068IU, Vitamin C: 35mg, Calcium: 376mg, Iron: 2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!