Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 50 mins | Yield: 12 Servings
An easy dinner recipe that you can try today is this Chicken Enchilada Rice Casserole! This is a full-packed casserole that is a total crowd-pleaser!
1 c white cheddar, shredded
1 c Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (about 1½ pounds)
16 oz. refried beans
¼ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
20 oz. red enchilada sauce
¼ tsp salt
11 oz. corn kernel drained (1 can)
2 c long-grain rice, uncooked, such as Basmati
1 tbsp fresh cilantro or parsley for garnish
1. Place a saucepan with 4 cups of water on the stove and turn the heat to medium. Allow the water to boil.
2. Add rice, then bring it to a simmer. Cover the pan with the lid and cook the rice for 18 minutes.
3. Remove the pan from the stove and let the rice rest for a few minutes. Leave the cover on. Open, then use a fork to fluff the rice.
4. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
5. Add corn, enchilada sauce, 1/2 white cheddar cheese, rice, 1/2 Monterey Jack cheese, refried beans, and shredded chicken into a large mixing bowl. Stir everything until well combined. Sprinkle salt and pepper to season.
6. Transfer the rice mixture to a 9×13-inch casserole dish and spread it evenly.
7. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
8. Place the casserole dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 20 to 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted completely and turns golden brown.
9. Remove the casserole from the oven, then sprinkle freshly chopped cilantro on top to garnish.
10. Serve right away and enjoy!
You can use store-bought enchilada sauce.
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then put them inside the fridge. They can last up to 3 to 4 days or 3 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 204 kcal (10%) | Carbohydrates: 20g (7%) | Protein: 14g (28%) | Fat: 7g (11%) | Saturated Fat: 4g (25%) | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 36mg (12%) | Sodium: 866mg (38%) | Potassium: 167mg (5%) | Fiber: 3g (13%) | Sugar: 5g (6%) | Vitamin A: 536IU (11%) | Vitamin C: 2mg (2%) | Calcium: 156mg (16%) | Iron: 1mg (6%)
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!