Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
I love how simple and easy this recipe is. If you want the best lunch or dinner today, then you have got to give this recipe a try! A big thanks to my dear friend, Alexa, for this! Feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. Have a wonderful day, friends. Enjoy!
1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken – pounded 1/4 inch thick
2/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt – divided
1 teaspoon pepper – divided
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 – 1 1/2 cups saltine cracker crumbs
1/2 cup buttermilk
vegetable oil for frying chicken – as much as it takes to keep chicken from burning – I keep adding as needed
1 medium onion, sliced ( optional )
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 1/2 tablespoons flour
salt and pepper to taste
1. Add flour, cumin, cheese, garlic powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper to a pie plate. Whisk until well mixed.
2. Crush the cracker crumbs and put them into a separate pie plate.
3. In another mixing bowl, add buttermilk and egg. Beat until well combined.
4. Use a meat mallet to pound each chicken breast, then season with salt and pepper.
5. Place a skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
6. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
7. Coat each chicken breast with the flour mixture, then into the egg mixture, and lastly into the cracker crumbs. Shake off any excess. Repeat the process with the rest of the chicken breasts.
8. Add the chicken breasts into the skillet and cook each side for about 3 minutes or until they turn golden brown. Remove the skillet.
9. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
10. Put the chicken breasts inside the oven to keep them warm while you make the gravy.
To Make the Gravy:
1. Add more oil into the same skillet, then add the onions and saute until translucent.
2. Remove the onions from the skillet onto a clean plate.
3. In the same skillet, add flour, chicken broth, buttermilk, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well mixed, then allow the mixture to boil.
4. When the gravy becomes thick, you are ready to serve.
5. Garnish with the fried onions.
6. Serve the chicken breasts warm with the gravy. Enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!