Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 35 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
For me, the real winner of this Chicken Marsala is the delicious sauce! The sauce is composed of garlic, Marsala wine, herbs, and a lot more! Just imagine how it would taste if it coats the chicken! You are so in for a treat!
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme (or scant 1/2 teaspoon dried)
1 1/4 c unsalted chicken broth
1/3 c all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch whisked with 1 tablespoon chicken broth (in a small bowl until well combined)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, halved, pounded to an even thickness
1 1/4 c dry Marsala wine
1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano (or scant 1/2 teaspoon dried)
2 (10–11 ounces) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied and
1/3 c heavy cream
8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
3 garlic cloves, minced (1 tablespoon)
1. Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add Marsala wine and chicken broth, then stir until well blended. Allow it to boil.
3. Once boiling, turn the heat down to low. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until it reduces.
4. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and flour over the chicken. Toss each until well coated. Shake off any excess flour.
5. Put a 12-inch skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
6. Add butter and oil, then allow them to become hot.
7. Add the chicken pieces into the hot skillet, then sear each side for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Place the cooked chicken onto a clean plate, then keep warm by covering them with aluminium foil.
9. In the empty skillet over medium heat, add butter and oil.
10. Add the mushrooms, then sauté for a few minutes until soft brown.
11. Add garlic, then sauté for about a minute or until aromatic.
12. Move the mixture into the skillet with the Marsala mixture, then stir until well incorporated.
13. Add oregano and thyme, then stir until well mixed. Simmer for a few more minutes.
14. Remove the skillet from the heat, then add the heavy cream and stir until well blended. Taste, then add more salt and pepper if necessary.
15. Put the chicken into the skillet, then toss until well coated by the delicious sauce.
18. Garnish, serve, and enjoy!
Calories 448 | Calories from Fat 216 | Fat 24g37% | Saturated Fat 10g63% | Cholesterol 133mg44% | Sodium 200mg9% | Potassium 944mg27% | Carbohydrates 11g4% | Fiber 1g4% | Sugar 3g3% | Protein 33g66% | Vitamin A 617IU12% | Vitamin C 5mg6% | Calcium 45mg5% | Iron 2mg11%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!