Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 2 Servings
I will never get tired of eating this delicious dish! I am sure that you will too once you take a bite of its juicy texture! Serve these Chicken Paprikash over noodles or rice and you have yourself a meal to remember! Feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. Enjoy!
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise into ½-inch-wide strips
Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
3 teaspoons sweet paprika
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1½ tablespoons butter
½ c onion, chopped ~ small dice
1 large plum tomato, seeded, chopped ~ small dice
1 c chicken stock or broth, preferably homemade ~ if using canned, use low sodium
¼ c sour cream
1. In a mixing bowl, add the chicken, 1 tsp of sweet paprika, salt, and pepper. Toss everything until the chicken pieces are well coated.
2. Place a large nonstick skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add the coated chicken pieces and cook each side for about 5 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
4. Remove the chicken pieces from the skillet onto a clean plate.
5. In the same skillet, add the rest of the butter and allow it to melt.
6. Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes or until translucent.
7. Add the 2 tsp of sweet paprika and 1 tsp of smoked paprika. Stir until well combined.
8. Add the sliced tomato. Stir and cook for 1 minute or until soft.
9. Add the broth and stir until well blended. Allow the mixture to boil.
10. Simmer everything for 6 minutes or until the sauce becomes thick.
11. Put the chicken pieces and their juices back to the skillet. Stir until well coated with the sauce.
12. Turn the heat down to low, then simmer for a few minutes.
13. Add the sour cream and stir until well blended.
14. Add more seasonings if needed.
15. Serve over noodles and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!