Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
This Chicken Parmesan Baked Ziti never fails to make my day! With this very simple set of ingredients, you will surely have the best lunch or dinner today! Try this recipe now, and feel free to tweak it to your liking. My only advice is to be very generous with the amount of cheese that you are going to add. Just do it and thank me later! Have a wonderful day, friends. Enjoy!
3/4 c freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
12 oz. ziti
1 (25 oz) jar of marinara sauce
1 lb. shredded cooked chicken (about 2 to 3 c)
optional garnishes: extra Parmesan, fresh basil, crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 c chopped fresh basil leaves
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray to a 9×13-inch baking dish.
3. Place a large pot with water on the stove and turn the heat to high. Allow the water to boil.
4. Add the pasta and a bit of salt, then cook until firm to bite. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
5. Put the pasta back into the pot, then add the marinara sauce and chicken. Toss everything until well mixed.
6. Add 1/2 of the pasta mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly.
7. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and basil on top.
8. Add the rest of the pasta on top of the cheeses.
9. Sprinkle another cup of mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese on top of the pasta.
10. Place it in the preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until the cheese turns golden brown.
11. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
12. Sprinkle your preferred herbs on top to garnish.
13. Serve warm and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!