Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
This Chicken Pesto Pasta recipe is superb! You have got to give this one a try, I’m telling you! A big thanks to my dear friend, Viola, for giving this recipe to me! I couldn’t be happier! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have a wonderful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
For Basil Pesto:
2 c fresh basil leaves packed
½ c grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese about 2 ounces
½ c extra virgin olive oil
⅓ c toasted pine nuts can sub for cashews or walnuts
2 large garlic cloves minced
¼ tsp salt more to taste
⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper more to taste
For the Pasta:
16 ounces spaghetti or your favourite pasta (1 package)
1 small rotisserie chicken
grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and pine nuts to garnish
1. Place a pot with salted water on the stove and turn the heat to high. Allow the water to boil.
2. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Reserve 1/3 cup of the pasta water for later use.
3. In a food processor, add the garlic, basil leaves, and toasted pine nuts. Pulse until well combined.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients into the food processor and pulse again until well mixed.
5. Shred the rotisserie chicken into small pieces.
6. In a large serving bowl, add the al dente pasta, shredded chicken, pesto sauce, and the reserved pasta water. Stir everything until well mixed.
7. Sprinkle the toasted pine nuts and a generous amount of Parmigiano-Reggiano on top.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 787kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 58g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 624mg | Potassium: 707mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 555IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 155mg | Iron: 2.7mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!