Prep Time: 45 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 1 hr 45 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
This spectacular recipe is my all-time favorite! I’m sure it will be yours as well after one bite! The Amogio sauce is the winner in this dish. It is truly a must-try!
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
2 lbs. of chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 c bread crumbs
1/3 c Parmesan cheese, grated
2 tsp lemon zest
1 tbsp fresh Italian parsley
1/2 tsp red chili pepper flakes
1 tbsp parsley
1 c olive oil
1 tbsp basil, chopped
1/2 c lemon juice
1 tbsp garlic
1/2 tsp each salt & pepper
1/2 c butter
For Chicken Spiedini:
1. Grate the Parmesan cheese with a Microplane. Zest the lemon as well. Chop the garlic and parsley.
2. In a mixing bowl, add the garlic, parsley, lemon zest, bread crumbs, and cheese. Stir until well blended.
3. Wrap each chicken in plastic, then pound each with a meat mallet to 1/2-inch thickness.
4. Unwrap the chicken, then slice them into twelve 1 1/2-inch strips.
5. Melt the butter, then pour it into a bowl with olive oil. Stir until well blended.
6. Coat each chicken strip with the butter-oil mixture, then into the bread crumbs. Shake off any excess.
7. Roll 3 chicken strips, then use a skewer to prick them. Place them into a baking pan. Repeat the process with the rest of the chicken.
For the Amogio Sauce:
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
2. Place a saucepan on the stove, then add lemon juice, butter, extra-virgin olive oil, basil, garlic, parsley, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Stir until well blended.
3. Turn the heat to medium, then allow the mixture to boil. Remove the pan from the heat.
4. Pour the Amogio Sauce on top of the chicken.
5. Place the chicken inside the preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
6. Flip the chicken, then bake the other sides for 15 more minutes. Remove from the oven.
7. Refer to the directions provided on the package of the Angel Hair Pasta on how to prepare it. Drain.
8. Add the sauce over the pasta, then toss until well coated.
9. Serve the chicken with the pasta. Enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!