Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins
This Chicken Vesuvio is great for a weeknight dinner! Gather all the ingredients because the perfect dish that will grace your dining table tonight is only an hour away from being achieved. Enjoy!
2 tbsp salted butter
4–5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 pound potato, cut into chunks (I used a small red skin potato)
½ c chicken stock
4 chicken thighs with skin and bone (about 1.5 pounds)
½ tbsp dried oregano
1 tsp red crushed red pepper flakes-optional
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 tsp dried thyme
2/3 c fresh or thawed frozen peas
½ c dry white wine
1/4 c olive oil
fresh lemon juice
1. Place a large oven-safe skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add 1/4 cup of olive oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken thighs, then rub each until well coated.
4. Add the chicken thighs into the skillet, then cook each side for about 10 to 12 minutes or until they turn golden brown. Transfer them onto a clean plate.
5. In the empty skillet, add the potato chunks.
6. Sprinkle red pepper flakes, oregano, and thyme. Stir and cook the potatoes for 10 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
7. Add the garlic, then sauté until aromatic. This usually takes about a minute.
8. Add the white wine, chicken stock, and salted butter. Stir until well blended. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the skillet to get the browned bits.
9. Add the peas and stir until well mixed. Simmer everything for another 5 minutes.
10. Put the chicken back into the skillet, then toss until well-coated with the delicious sauce.
11. Prepare the oven and preheat to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
12. Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until done.
13. Remove from the oven, then sprinkle freshly chopped parsley on top to garnish.
14. Drizzle lemon juice over each serving.
15. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!