Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 20 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
This will be the simplest recipe you will ever try! Chicken with gravy, anyone? Yeah, me too! Give this recipe a try and prepare to be amazed! Feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. Have a wonderful day, everyone. Enjoy!
600 g / 1.2-pound chicken breasts, boneless skinless, 4 small ones
Salt and pepper
2 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp / 15g butter
2 tbsp / 30 g butter, separated
120 g / 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1 garlic clove, finely chopped (or minced)
1/4 c / 35g flour (3 tbsp)
2 c / 500 ml beef broth
Thyme or parsley
For the Chicken:
1. In a resealable bag, add the chicken breasts and use a meat mallet to pound them to about 4/5-inch thick.
2. Season each side of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
3. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
4. Add oil and butter, then allow them to become hot and melt.
5. Add the chicken breasts and cook each side for about 3 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
6. Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet onto a clean plate.
For the Gravy:
1. In the same skillet, add 1 tbsp of butter and allow it to melt.
2. Add the mushrooms and sauté until golden brown.
3. Add the rest of the butter and allow it to melt again.
4. Add the garlic and sauté until aromatic.
5. Reduce the heat to medium, then add flour. Stir and cook for about a minute.
6. Add the rest of the broth and whisk continuously.
7. Simmer the gravy for 2 minutes or until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the heat.
9. Serve the chicken with this delicious gravy. Enjoy!
You can add the fried chicken into the gravy and toss until well coated.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!