Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 20 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
Ready in just 20 minutes, this Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce is total comfort food! Serve this over rice, pasta, or mashed potatoes, and you have yourself a meal to remember! The sauce alone is more than enough to let you know that you are in for a treat! Enjoy the juicy texture of the chicken and the creamy taste of the sauce. I have listed all the things you will be needing so just follow them step by step and you are good to go!
1/2 c heavy cream
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 tsp dried tarragon or oregano
1/4 c chicken broth
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken breasts, then toss until well coated.
4. Add the chicken breasts into the skillet, then cook all sides for about 10 to 12 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
5. Place the cooked chicken onto a clean serving plate. Cover to keep them warm.
6. In the empty skillet, add the chicken broth. Scrape the bottom of the skillet to get the browned bits.
7. Add mustard, cream, and oregano. Stir until well blended. Simmer for about 2 minutes.
8. Add the sauce over the chicken breasts.
9. Sprinkle your preferred herbs on top to garnish.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Feel free to use boneless chicken thighs for this recipe. I suggest using chicken breasts though, because it has a less fat content. Whatever works for you!
You can serve this chicken with the sauce over rice, mashed potatoes, or pasta.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 366 | TOTAL FAT: 22g | SATURATED FAT: 9g | TRANS FAT: 0g | UNSATURATED FAT: 11g | CHOLESTEROL: 136mg | SODIUM: 431mg | CARBOHYDRATES: 2g | FIBER: 0g | SUGAR: 1g | PROTEIN: 39g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!