Prep: 25 mins | Total: 25mins | Servings: 6 | Yield: 6 servings
I must confess I was not amused the first time I saw this. I don’t know, but it looks weird for me, but as many people say, looks can be deceiving. It may look simple and bland, but the flavors are so full and colorful. The salad will keep you full for hours, thanks to the chickpeas. It is satisfying in a way that never could I imagine from this recipe. Try this recipe for Chickpea, Artichoke, and Feta Salad, and don’t forget to share and enjoy it with your family and friends.
(1) (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained
(1) (14 oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
(1) stalk celery, chopped
¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
(½) lemon, juiced, or more to taste
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
¼ tsp minced garlic
¼ tsp chopped fresh mint
¼ tsp chopped fresh oregano
¼ tsp chopped fresh thyme
Add and combine chickpeas, artichokes, celery, feta cheese, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, mint, oregano, and thyme in a bowl, and then toss to coat completely.
1. Canned beans are a true life-saver, in terms of favorite staples in the pantry. You can eat it straight away, making it a very summer-friendly recipe during those warm and hot days when your heat can’t be bothered. You can change chickpeas to your favorite canned beans: crispy cannellini, black beans, and kidney beans are all good choices, although it’s a “chickpeas salad.”
2. You can eat Chickpea, Artichoke and Feta Salad with some grilled chicken or salmon, for lunch or dinner.
3. Skip the feta cheese if you want it to be a vegetarian salad.
4. You can store your leftover chickpea salad in the fridge for 2-3 days in a tightly sealed container. About a day or so longer, it will be fine, but expect the tomatoes and cucumbers to be very soggy.
Per Serving: 128.1 calories; fat 5.1g 8% DV; cholesterol 9.3mg 3% DV; sodium 506.4mg 20% DV; protein 5.4g 11% DV; carbohydrates 16g 5% DV.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!