Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 55 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
You haven’t had the best breakfast yet if you hadn’t tried this Chili Relleno Casserole! Oh, man, I’m telling you, this is perfect! Enjoy layers of delicious flavors in each bite! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you need to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have a wonderful day, friends. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your peers as well. Enjoy!
3 cans (7 oz) of whole green chilies, drained
1 c shredded cheddar cheese, divided
2 c shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 3/4 c whole milk
salsa and sour cream, for serving (optional)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray to a 3-quart baking dish.
3. Add milk, baking powder, eggs, salt, pepper, and flour into a mixing bowl. Whisk until well incorporated.
4. Slice each chili, then remove the seeds.
5. Add 1/2 of the chilis to the bottom of the baking dish and arrange them in a single layer.
6. Sprinkle 1 cup of the Jack cheese and 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese over the chilis. Repeat the process with the rest of the chilis and cheeses.
7. Add the egg mixture over and spread it evenly.
8. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake the chili Relleno casserole for about 45 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.
9. Remove from the oven and allow the casserole to rest for about 10 minutes at room temperature.
10. Slice into even servings.
11. Serve warm with sour cream and salsa. Enjoy!
Calories: 248 kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 147mg | Sodium: 374mg | Potassium: 195mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 595IU | Calcium: 410mg | Iron: 1mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!