Prep Time: 8 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 38 mins | Yield: 12 Servings
This incredible cake is the definition of perfection! I highly recommend you try this recipe now and prepare yourself to be amazed! Feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. Have a great day, friends. Enjoy!
1 c (80 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
1 c boiling water or hot coffee
2 c sugar
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 c sour cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
1-3/4 c all-purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1-1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
2 c butter, softened
6 to 7 c powdered sugar
1 c unsweetened cocoa powder
4 to 6 tbsp milk or heavy cream
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Cake:
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray and line with parchment paper three 8-inch cake pans.
3. Add cocoa powder and boiling water into a large mixing bowl. Whisk until well mixed.
4. Add vegetable oil, sour cream, and sugar. Whisk until well mixed.
5. Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined.
6. Add baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir until well mixed.
7. Transfer the batter into the prepared pans and spread it evenly.
8. Place them inside the preheated oven and bake for about 35 minutes or until done.
9. Remove the cakes from the oven and allow them to cool for about 10 minutes at room temperature.
10. Invert the cakes onto a cooling rack.
For the Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:
1. Add butter into a bowl and beat until the texture becomes smooth.
2. Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time until you add 6 cups. Beat every addition.
3. Add the cocoa powder and beat until well mixed.
4. Add vanilla extract, salt, and 4 tbsp of milk. Beat until well combined.
5. Spread the frosting over the cakes.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 410 | TOTAL FAT: 22g | SATURATED FAT: 12g | TRANS FAT: 1g | UNSATURATED FAT: 10g | CHOLESTEROL: 59mg | SODIUM: 271mg | CARBOHYDRATES: 53g | FIBER: 2g | SUGAR: 46g | PROTEIN: 2g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!