Prep: 15 mins| Cook: 10mins | Additional: 5 mins | Total: 30 mins | Servings: 36 | Yield: 3 dozen
I think we all agree that chocolate cookies are among those cookies that can make different variations just by adding one or two ingredients. Also, chocolate chips make everything better. These Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are my favorite out of all chocolate cookies out there, mainly because it satisfies my taste buds more than any other cookies. It’s perfectly soft and chewy with just the right amount of oats and chocolate. It continuously surprises me because the recipe is very flexible with a person’s preference. Try this recipe Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies, and enjoy it with your loved ones.
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ cup margarine
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
(1 ¼) cups rolled oats
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. Stir together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, add and cream margarine, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients using a wooden spoon. Mix in the oats and chocolate chips. Then drop by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets, leaving 2 inches between cookies.
3. Bake until lightly brown for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
1. If you like, you can substitute the chocolate chips with raisins. I’ve tried it, and it tastes much better because the raisins give an outstanding flavor in the cookies. Also, you can add some of you’re preferred nuts.
2. You can replace salt with sea salt, by doing so, it will add a delicious kick to the cookie, and those salty bites will only help enhance the sweetness.
Per Serving: 78.6 calories; fat 3.6g 6% DV; cholesterol 5.2mg 2% DV; sodium 92.1mg 4% DV; protein 1.1g 2% DV; carbohydrates 11.1g 4% DV.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!