Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 35 mins | Total Time: 50 mins | Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
If you want a complete meal to serve for tonight’s dinner, then worry no more because I have the perfect recipe for that! This Chorizo and Chicken Paella is total comfort food that you and your family are going to love. Try it now!
¼ c dry white wine
A pinch of saffron threads
1 c fresh or frozen green peas
1 teaspoon turmeric
3 tablespoons + 1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound of chicken breasts (or thighs) cut into square pieces
3 ⅓ c chicken broth
Kosher salt/freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 c Arborio or Bomba rice
3 cloves garlic, minced
1-14.5 ounces can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
1 small yellow onion, diced (⅓ c)
2 links Spanish chorizo (12oz) sliced
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced (about ½ c)
¼ c sliced Manzanilla olives
Lemon wedges for garnish
¼ c freshly chopped parsley
1. Place a large cast-iron skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add 3 tablespoons of oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the chorizo slices, then cook all sides for a few minutes until brown. Transfer into a mixing bowl.
4. In the same skillet, add chicken and cook all sides until brown. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika to taste. Transfer into the bowl with the chorizo.
5. Reduce the heat to medium, then add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and allow it to become hot.
6. Add peppers and onion, then sauté for 4 minutes or until soft.
7. Add garlic, then sauté for a minute or until aromatic.
8. Pour in the wine, then scrape the bottom of the skillet to get the browned bits. Stir until well blended. Simmer for 3 minutes to remove the alcohol content of the wine.
9. Add turmeric, a pinch of saffron, tomato slices, and chicken broth. Stir until well blended.
10. Put the chicken and chorizo back into the skillet, then toss until well coated by the delicious sauce. Allow the mixture to boil.
11. Add rice, then stir until well mixed. Reduce the heat to low, then cook the rice for about 20 minutes. Make sure not to stir.
12. Add parsley, olives, and peas. Stir until well combined. Cook for a few more minutes. Remove from the heat.
13. Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley on top to garnish.
14. Serve right away with lemon wedges. Enjoy!
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the fridge. They can last up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 223 | TOTAL FAT: 7g | SATURATED FAT: 2g | TRANS FAT: 0g | UNSATURATED FAT: 5g | CHOLESTEROL: 29mg | SODIUM: 754mg | CARBOHYDRATES: 27g | FIBER: 4g | SUGAR: 6g | PROTEIN: 12g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!