Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
I am sure that you already have the ingredients for this recipe because they are not so hard to find! This Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole is perfect for every occasion! That’s what I love the most about this dish! Serve it today, and I promise you that it will be the best decision you will ever make. Enjoy!
Icing from cinnamon roll packages
3/4 c heavy whipping cream (half & half work too)
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 cans of Cinnamon rolls
1/2 c chopped pecans
1/2 c butter, melted
1/3 c sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Add sugar and butter to a large glass heat-proof bowl. Place it inside the microwave and heat until the butter is melted. Remove from the microwave and stir until well blended.
2. Add vanilla, nutmeg, eggs, cinnamon, and cream. Beat until well blended.
3. Slice each of the cinnamon rolls into quarters.
4. Apply cooking spray to a 9×12-inch casserole dish.
5. Add the roll slices into the egg mixture, then toss until well coated.
6. Transfer the coated rolls into the prepared casserole dish and arrange them in a single layer. Pour the rest of the egg mixture all over the rolls.
7. Scatter the pecans on top of the rolls.
8. Place the casserole inside the oven and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees F or until done. You can check by inserting a toothpick in the middle of a roll. If it comes out clean, you have baked!
9. Remove from the oven and let them sit at room temperature.
10. Place the icing in the microwave and heat for about 15 seconds.
11. Pour the warm icing on top of the casserole.
12. Serve and enjoy!
You can make this the night before. Just don’t add the pecans yet.
In the morning, scatter the pecans on top, then bake to perfection!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!