Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Additional Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 60 Servings
These delicious cookies have always been my favourite since I was a little kid. I remember bringing them to school for my snack. This was my Grandma’s recipe that she passed on to me. I am so grateful to her for this and a lot of things. Now, I get to share it with you, friends! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go. Enjoy!
1 ½ c shortening
2 c white sugar
2 tbsp vanilla extract
½ c light molasses
4 c all-purpose flour
4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt
2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tsp ground ginger
1 (10 oz) package HERSHEY®’S Cinnamon Chips
1 c white sugar for decoration
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Add 2 cups of sugar and shortening into a large mixing bowl. Beat until well combined.
3. Add eggs gradually and beat every addition.
4. Add vanilla and molasses, then stir until well blended.
5. In a mixing bowl, add baking soda, flour, nutmeg, salt, and ginger. Stir until well mixed.
6. Transfer the mixture into the flour mixture and beat until well mixed.
7. Form small balls out of the mixture, then toss them into the sugar. Roll each until well coated.
8. Arrange the balls onto a cookie sheet, then press them lightly. Make sure to leave a space between each cookie.
9. Place them inside the preheated oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until done.
10. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool at room temperature.
11. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 151.4 | Protein: 1.4g 3% | Carbohydrates: 21.4g 7% | Dietary Fiber: 0.3g 1% | Sugars: 14.4g | Fat: 6.7g 10% | Saturated Fat: 2.2g 11% | Cholesterol: 6.4mg 2% | Vitamin A Iu: 8.3IU | Niacin Equivalents: 0.7mg 6% | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Folate: 16.1mcg 4% | Calcium: 20.7mg 2% | Iron: 0.6mg 3% | Magnesium: 9mg 3% | Potassium: 71.1mg 2% | Sodium: 175mg 7% | Thiamin: 0.1mg 7% | Calories From Fat: 60.7
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!