Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 40 mins | Total Time: 50 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
This Classic French Apple Cake never fails to amaze me every time! I am so excited to share this recipe with you today! Oh, man, you have got to give this a try. Invite your friends over and surprise them with the best cake ever! The combination of all the flavours is so good that you would want to taste it pretty much all the time! Have a wonderful day, friends. I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
2 tablespoons rum
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 c unsalted butter
A pinch of salt
2 large eggs
1 c My measure 240 ml
1/2 c sugar
1 tablespoon sugar for topping
1 c all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons Vanilla Essence
2 apples peeled and chopped I used a gala variety
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 356 degrees F or 180 degrees C.
2. Apply cooking spray and sprinkle flour into a 7-inch cake pan.
3. In a mixing bowl, add baking powder, flour, and salt. Whisk until well combined.
4. In another mixing bowl, add sugar, butter, and vanilla. Beat until well blended. Add eggs gradually and beat every addition until well mixed.
5. Pour rum into the bowl with the flour mixture, then beat until well combined.
6. Fold in the apple slices.
7. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan and spread it evenly.
8. Sprinkle the sugar over the batter.
9. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
10. Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to rest at room temperature for a couple of minutes.
11. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 279 | Calories from Fat 117 | Fat 13g20% | Saturated Fat 8g50% | Cholesterol 77mg26% | Sodium 66mg3% | Carbohydrates 35g12% | Fiber 2g8% | Sugar 22g24% | Protein 3g6%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!