Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 5 mins | Additional Time: 5 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
The best thing about this Classic Smashed Burger is the homemade sauce! I’ve had a lot of burgers in my life but nothing comes close to this one! It is simply the best. Another good thing about this is that it would only take 30 minutes of your time. Not bad for an awesome treat, right? Try this recipe now. Enjoy!
2 tbsp butter, room temperature
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
8 slices of vine-ripe tomatoes
1/2 c mayonnaise
2 c shredded iceberg lettuce
2 tsp hot sauce
4 slices of American cheese
1 1/2 lbs. Certified Angus Beef ® ground beef, 80/20 lean
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp grated yellow onion
4 white hamburger buns
1 tbsp yellow mustard
1. Create eight even-sized meatballs out of the ground beef.
2. Place the meatballs onto a baking sheet, then place them inside the fridge.
3. Add hot sauce, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and grated onion into a mixing bowl. Stir everything until well blended. Put it inside the fridge as well.
4. Put a large cast-iron skillet on the stove and turn the heat to high.
5. Add butter into the hot skillet and allow it to melt.
6. Add the buns into the hot skillet, then toast each side. Transfer onto clean plates.
7. Add the meatballs into the same skillet, then press each to turn them into 1/4-inch patties.
8. Add salt, pepper, and 1 tsp of sauce over each patty to taste. Sear each side for about 2 minutes.
9. Flip the patties, then add a slice of cheese over four of them. Sear for a minute.
10. Assemble burgers according to your preference.
11. Serve and enjoy!
The best thing about this is that you get to build your preferred burger!
Calories: 925cal total
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!