Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 1 hr 30 mins | Yield: 8 to 10 Servings
This Quiche recipe is probably one of the best that I have ever tried! In just about 1 hour, you will surely have the best treat ever! Feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. Enjoy!
1 unbaked pie crust
2 medium yellow onions, sliced
2 tbsp salted butter
8 slices bacon, chopped
8 large Eggs
1 1/2 c heavy cream or half-and-half
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 c grated cheddar cheese
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
2. Unroll the pie crust, then place it on a deep-dish pie plate. Press the sides to fit.
3. Place the crust inside the fridge until ready to use.
4. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
5. Add butter and allow it to melt.
6. Add the onions and cook for about 20 minutes or until they caramelize. Make sure to stir from time to time.
7. Remove the caramelized onions from the skillet into a mixing bowl.
8. Turn the heat up to medium-high, then add the bacon. Cook until greasy and brown. Remove from the skillet into the bowl with caramelized onions.
9. In another mixing bowl, add eggs, cream, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well mixed.
10. Add the bacon, caramelized onions, and grated cheese. Stir until well combined.
11. Transfer the mixture into the prepared pie crust and spread it evenly.
12. Cover the quiche with aluminium foil.
13. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 45 minutes.
14. Remove the foil cover and bake for 15 minutes more or until the crust turns golden brown.
15. Remove the quiche from the oven and allow it to cool for about 15 minutes at room temperature.
16. Slice into even pieces.
17. Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 557 | TOTAL FAT: 45g | SATURATED FAT: 23g | TRANS FAT: 1g | UNSATURATED FAT: 18g | CHOLESTEROL: 284mg | SODIUM: 801mg | CARBOHYDRATES: 20g | FIBER: 1g | SUGAR: 3g | PROTEIN: 19g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!