Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 30mins | Total: 1 hr | Servings: 15 crab cakes
Homemade Crab Cakes are better than any version of a restaurant because they are full of lump crab meat. It is the best recipe for crab cake with a very low filler and seasoned to perfection. I enjoy this dish while sipping from a cold fruit juice, I don’t know, but I have this thing about seafood and fruit juices. I think the combination is perfect.
Crab Cake Ingredients:
1/2 red bell pepper finely diced
(1) (1 cup) medium onion, finely diced
3 Tbsp olive oil divided
2 Tbsp unsalted butter divided
(2) large eggs
3 Tbsp mayo
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
(1 1/2) tsp of old bay seasoning, you can also use a tsp of cajun seasoning
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 lb of lump crab meat, from 2 Dungeness crabs
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cups parsley finely chopped
For Lemon Aioli Dip:
1/2 cup mayo
1 tsp lemon zest
2 Tbsp lemon juice
(1) garlic clove pressed
For the Crab cakes:
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, add a tbsp of oil and sautee diced bell pepper and onion for 7 to 9 minutes until golden and soft, then remove from heat and let cool.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add and whisk (2) eggs, 3 tbsp mayo, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 1/2 tsp of old bay seasoning, or 1 of tsp cajun, 1 tsp of garlic salt, and 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
3. Drain, pick over the crab meat to make sure there aren’t any stray shells, lightly breaking up big pieces of meat. Then transfer to the large bowl with egg mixture.
4 Add cooled bell pepper and onion, panko crumbs, and parsley and stir until combined and moistened. Cover, refrigerate 30 minutes.
5. Divide mixture into about 15 cakes. With wet hands, lightly shape into 1/2” thick patties. Then put a large non-stick pan over medium heat with a tbsp of oil and 1 tbsp of butter and sautee crab cakes in batches for 4-5 minutes per side. You should reduce the heat if it turns brown too quickly. Transfer to a serving platter, repeat with remaining crab cakes adding more oil and butter.
For Crab Cake Dip:
1. In a small bowl, stir lemon aioli dip ingredients until well blended. Cover, refrigerate until ready to serve with the warm crab cakes.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!