Prep: 15mins | Cook: 10mins | Additional: 9 hrs | Total: 9 hrs 25 mins | Serving: 72 | Yield: 6 dozen
Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies are a melt-in-your-mouth cutout cookie, perfectly sweet. Cut them into any shape you ‘d like, but make sure to top them off with a generous cream cheese frosting topping. Christmas and Thanksgiving are among the holidays I look forward to because it’s the time where we spend time in the kitchen cooking and baking our meal for the occasion. We rarely order take-out for any occasion, we prefer to make our dishes because we can add ingredients we want and take away those that we don’t like. I am very excited to create my cookies, shape them, and frost.
We always make time to create our version of Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies, and I hope you do too. These Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies are perfectly sturdy enough to pick up with your fingers. Also, it serves as a great present.
1 cup Sugars, granulated
1 cup butter, with salt
1 (3 oz) package Cheese, cream
½ tsp Salt, table
½ tsp Pure/Natural Almond Extract Flavor CCH
½ tsp Vanilla extract
(1) Egg, yolk, raw, fresh
(2 ¼) cups Wheat flour, white, all-purpose, enriched, bleached
1. In a large bowl, add and combine sugar, butter, cream cheese, salt, almond and vanilla extracts, and egg yolk. Beat until smooth. Stir in flour until well blended. Let the dough cool 8 hours, or overnight.
2. Preheat oven 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
3. Roll out 1/3 at a time to 1/8 inch thickness of the dough, refrigerating remaining dough until ready to use on a lightly floured surface. Cut into desired shapes with lightly floured cookie cutters.
4. Place it an inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Leave cookies plain for frosting, or brush with slightly beaten egg white and sprinkle with candy sprinkles or colored sugar.
5. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes until light and golden brown in the preheated oven. Cool cookies completely before frosting.
Per Serving: 52.6 calories; 10.9 mg cholesterol; 38 mg sodium; 0.6 g protein; 5.8 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!