Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 55 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
Rice, chicken, cheese, and many more, everything you are looking for in a complete meal is in this Creamy and Cheesy Chicken and Rice! It is ready for serving in less than an hour. Enjoy!
3 ½ c shredded cheddar cheese divided
2 c shredded cooked chicken breast
4 c cooked rice
½ tbsp fresh minced garlic
¼ c white wine or additional chicken stock
¼ c all-purpose unbleached flour
4 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ tbsp fresh chopped thyme, optional
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 c low-sodium chicken broth
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Brush a 9×13-inch baking sheet with butter.
3. Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
4. Add butter and allow it to melt.
5. Add flour, then whisk and cook for one minute.
6. Add garlic and wine, then stir until well blended and thick.
7. Pour in the chicken broth gradually, then beat every addition until well blended. Allow the mixture to simmer for a few minutes until the texture becomes thick.
8. Turn the heat down to medium-low, then add 2 cups of cheese. Stir until well mixed.
9. Remove the pan from the stove.
10. Add the cooked rice and chicken, then stir until well combined.
11. Empty the pan into the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly.
12. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
13. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the cheese turns golden brown.
14. Remove from the oven and allow it to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
15. Serve and enjoy!
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the fridge. They can last up to 3 days or 3 months in the freezer.
Calories: 485 kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 911mg | Potassium: 355mg | Fiber: 3g | Vitamin A: 650IU | Vitamin C: 4.1mg | Calcium: 382mg | Iron: 2.3mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!