Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
In just 30 minutes, this Creamy Beef and Shells are ready to be devoured! The perfect dish to serve for dinner if you have a little time to prepare. Try it now!
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 (15 ounces can) marinara sauce
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 c beef stock
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 small sweet onion (diced)
8 oz. medium pasta shells
1/4 c sour cream
5 cloves garlic (minced)
1 tsp dried parsley
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
1 1/2 c cheddar cheese (freshly grated)
3/4 c heavy cream
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Place a large pot with water on the stove and turn the heat to high. Allow the water to boil.
2. Add the pasta and a bit of salt, then cook for a few minutes until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
3. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
4. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
5. Add the ground beef, then cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or until crumbly and brown. Transfer onto a clean plate and remove any excess grease.
6. Add the onion to the same skillet, then sauté until translucent.
7. Add the garlic, then sauté until aromatic.
8. Add flour, then whisk and cook for a minute to remove the raw taste.
9. Add the beef stock a little at a time, then whisk every addition until well blended.
10. Add the Italian seasoning, oregano, dried parsley, paprika, and marinara sauce. Stir until well blended. Allow the mixture to boil.
11. Turn the heat down to low, then simmer everything for about 6 to 8 minutes or until the texture of the sauce becomes thick. Make sure to stir from time to time.
12. Add the beef and cooked pasta, then toss until well combined.
13. Add the heavy cream, then stir until well blended. Simmer for another 2 minutes. Add more seasonings if needed. Make sure to taste first before adding anything.
14. Add the sour cream and stir until well blended.
15. Add the cheddar cheese and allow it to melt for a minute or two.
16. Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley on top to garnish.
17. Serve and enjoy
Calories: 480 kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 370mg | Potassium: 553mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 221IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 215mg | Iron: 3mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!