Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
This Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta with Sausage is what you just need today! This very simple recipe will surely make your every meal extra special! Try it now and I promise you that it will be the best decision you will ever make today. Enjoy!
½ yellow onion (thinly sliced)
1 tbsp parsley (chopped)
½ c crushed tomatoes
⅔ c Grated Parmesan
2 tbsp Olive oil
6 ounces andouille sausage or smoked sausage (thinly sliced)
10 oz. fettuccine pasta
½ tsp dried Oregano
1 tsp Cajun seasoning (or Creole seasoning)
2-3 cloves garlic (chopped)
4 tsp Cajun seasoning (or Creole seasoning)
1 tsp brown sugar
1-pound large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper (to taste)
1 c chicken broth sodium-free
1 red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
1 c heavy cream
1. In a mixing bowl, add oregano, shrimp, Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper. Toss everything until well mixed.
2. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the shrimp into the skillet and cook each side for about 2 minutes or until opaque. Transfer the shrimp onto a clean plate.
5. In the same skillet, add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
6. Add the sausage, then cook until brown. Remove from the skillet and transfer onto a clean plate.
7. Refer to the directions provided on the package of the pasta on how to cook it. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
8. In the same skillet, add more olive oil and allow it to become hot.
9. Add the red bell pepper, onion, salt, brown sugar, and Cajun seasoning. Sauté until soft and make sure to scrape the bottom of the skillet to get the browned bits.
10. Add garlic and sauté until aromatic.
11. Add chicken broth, heavy cream, and crushed tomatoes. Stir until well mixed. Simmer the mixture for a few minutes.
12. Add the Parmesan cheese, then stir until melted completely and well blended.
13. Add the sausage and the cooked pasta, then toss until well coated by the delicious sauce.
14. Simmer everything for another 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
15. Add the shrimp and toss until well combined.
16. Sprinkle each serving with freshly chopped parsley to garnish.
17. Serve hot and enjoy!
Calories 950 | Calories from Fat 459 | Fat 51g78% | Saturated Fat 22g138% | Cholesterol 483mg161% | Sodium 1796mg78% | Potassium 726mg21% | Carbohydrates 73g24% | Fiber 5g21% | Sugar 6g7% | Protein 49g98% | Vitamin A 3055IU61% | Vitamin C 51.6 mg63% | Calcium 450mg45% | Iron 5.9 mg33%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!