Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
Pasta, sausage, and shrimp smothered in a delicious and creamy sauce! This recipe is to die for! In less than an hour, this amazing dish is ready for serving. Enjoy!
6-ounce andouille sausage or smoked sausage (thinly sliced)
10 oz. fettuccine pasta
½ yellow onion (thinly sliced)
1 tsp Cajun seasoning (or Creole seasoning)
2-3 cloves garlic (chopped)
½ c crushed tomatoes
1 tbsp parsley (chopped)
1-pound large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
½ tsp dried Oregano
4 tsp Cajun seasoning (or Creole seasoning)
1 c heavy cream
⅔ c Grated Parmesan
Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper (to taste)
1 c chicken broth sodium-free
1 tsp brown sugar
1. In a mixing bowl, add Cajun seasoning, shrimp, salt, oregano, and pepper. Toss until the shrimp is well coated with the seasonings.
2. Put a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the seasoned shrimp into the hot skillet, then cook each side for about 2 minutes or until pink. Move the shrimp onto a clean plate. Set aside.
5. In the empty skillet, add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
6. Add the sausage, then cook for a few minutes until brown. Move the sausage onto a clean plate.
7. Refer to the instructions provided on the package of the pasta on how to cook it. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
8. In the same skillet, add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
9. Add the red bell pepper and onion, then sauté for a few minutes until soft. Season with salt, brown sugar, and Cajun seasoning to taste. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the skillet to get the browned bits.
10. Add garlic and sauté for a minute or until aromatic.
11. Add chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, and heavy cream. Stir until well combined.
12. Simmer the mixture for a few minutes.
13. Add Parmesan cheese, then stir until melted completely and well blended with the sauce.
14. Add the sausage and the cooked pasta, then toss everything until well coated by the delicious sauce. Simmer for two minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
15. Add the shrimp, then toss until well coated by the mixture. Remove from the heat.
16. Garnish each serving with freshly chopped parsley.
17. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 950 | Calories from Fat 459 | Fat 51g78% | Saturated Fat 22g138% | Cholesterol 483mg161% | Sodium 1796mg78% | Potassium 726mg21% | Carbohydrates 73g24% | Fiber 5g21% | Sugar 6g7% | Protein 49g98% | Vitamin A 3055IU61% | Vitamin C 51.6 mg63% | Calcium 450mg45% | Iron 5.9 mg33%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!