Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 35 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
I will never get tired of recommending this recipe to my friends. It is just too perfect! Give it a try now and prepare to fall in love! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have a beautiful day, friends. Enjoy!
1 tablespoon Butter or Ghee or avocado oil
1 Medium Onion diced
2 Celery Stalks sliced
1 Medium Carrot thinly sliced
1 Large Red Bell Pepper diced
2-3 Garlic Cloves chopped
1½ teaspoon Ground Cumin
1 tablespoon Chili Powder
1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
15 ounces diced fire-roasted Tomatoes 1 can
¼ c Tomato Paste
4 c Low Sodium Chicken Broth
14.5 ounces Red Kidney Beans rinsed, 1 can
14.5 ounces Black Beans rinsed, 1 can
1 c Fresh or Frozen Sweet Corn
2 c Shredded Cooked Chicken
1 c Mexican Shredded Cheese Blend for garnishing
Salt and pepper, to your taste
1. Place a large pot on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add butter and allow it to melt.
3. Add the celery, onion, bell pepper, carrots, and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes or until soft and aromatic.
4. Add the tomato slices, tomato paste, seasonings, and chicken broth. Allow the mixture to boil.
5. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
6. Remove the pot from the heat, then use a hand blender to mix everything until the texture becomes smooth.
7. Simmer on medium heat, then add the corn, shredded cooked chicken, and beans. Stir until well mixed.
8. Remove from the heat and ladle into serving bowls.
9. Top each serving with shredded cheese and your preferred toppings.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the fridge. They can last up to 1 week or 3 months inside the freezer.
Calories: 450kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 444mg | Potassium: 1121mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3542IU | Vitamin C: 44mg | Calcium: 223mg | Iron: 6mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!