Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
This juicy chicken smothered in a delicious and creamy sauce will surely bring a big smile to your face! Try this recipe now, and I promise you that lunch or dinner will be awesome again!
4 oz. Light cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 c chicken broth
3 garlic cloves, crushed
8 oz. button mushrooms, halved
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
1 tablespoon fresh chopped curly parsley
1.5 lb. chicken breasts, boneless skinless
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Place a pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add 1 tbsp of oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the chicken breasts, then cook each side for about 5 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
4. Transfer the chicken breasts onto a clean plate, then cover to keep them warm.
5. In the same pan, add another tablespoon of oil and let it sizzle.
6. Add the mushrooms, then sauté for a few minutes until brown.
7. Add the garlic, then sauté for a minute or until aromatic.
8. In a mixing bowl, add 2 tbsp of water and cornstarch. Whisk until well blended.
9. Add the slurry (water and cornstarch mixture) into the pan, then stir until well blended. Simmer for a few minutes until the texture of the sauce becomes thick. Season with salt and pepper.
10. Add the cream cheese, then stir until well blended.
11. Bring the chicken breasts back into the pan, then toss until well coated by the delicious sauce.
12. Remove the skillet from the stove.
13. Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley on top to garnish.
14. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Leftovers can last up to 5 days in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer.
Just make sure to place them in an airtight container.
Calories: 224 kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 562mg | Potassium: 645mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 346IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 1mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!