Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 35 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
Creamy, simple, and insanely delicious! This Creamy Garlic Pesto Chicken will be your favorite after one bite! Ready to be devoured in just 35 minutes, this recipe is perfect for busy individuals who still want quality food to serve despite their schedule. Try this recipe now. Enjoy!
1/2 c basil pesto
1/2 c heavy whipping cream
1/2 c chicken stock
3-4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 c sun-dried tomatoes, drained of most oil, chopped (keep the drained oil for cooking)
3 bell peppers (1 red, 1/2 yellow, and 1/2 green)
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 red onion
Parmesan, for garnish
Chopped fresh basil, for garnish
Salt and fresh cracked pepper
1. Place a large non-stick skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add 1 tbsp of drained tomato oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add crushed chili pepper and Italian seasoning.
4. Add the chicken breasts, then cook each side for about 5 minutes or until they turn golden brown. Transfer the chicken onto a clean plate.
5. In a mixing bowl, add chicken stock, basil pesto, and cream. Stir until well blended.
6. In the empty skillet, add the sun-dried tomato, garlic, and onion. Saute for a few minutes until soft and aromatic. Add more oil if needed.
7. Add the bell peppers, then saute until just soft.
8. Add the pesto sauce, then stir until well blended. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the skillet to get the browned bits. Allow the mixture to simmer.
9. Slice the chicken into strips, then put them back into the skillet. Toss until well coated by the delicious sauce. Cook for another 2 minutes.
10. Remove from the heat, then sprinkle basil and Parmesan cheese on top.
11. Serve right away over pasta or zucchini noodles. Enjoy!
Drizzle a bit of sriracha before serving if you want it to be spicy.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!