Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 5 hrs | Total Time: 5 hrs 5 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
With savory sauce and fall-off-the-bone meat, this recipe is what you just need today! If you have time to spare before lunch or dinner, then you have got to give this one a try! I’m telling you; this will be the best decision you will ever make today!
Two 10.75 oz. can of cream of mushroom soup
One 1 oz. package dry onion soup mix
1 ¼ c water
5 lbs. chuck roast
one 454 grams package of white or cremini mushrooms
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large yellow onion, chopped
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
2. Place a Dutch oven on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the chuck roast, then sear each side for a few minutes until brown.
5. Scatter the onions and mushrooms around the meat.
6. In a mixing bowl, add water and soups. Stir until well blended.
7. Pour the mixture on top of the meat.
8. Cover and transfer the Dutch oven inside the preheated oven, then cook the roast for about 20 minutes.
9. Reduce the heat to about 325 degrees F, then cook the roast for 4 to 5 hours or until fork-tender.
10. Transfer the roast onto a clean plate.
11. Pour the sauce over the roast.
12. Serve and enjoy!
To Cook in the Slow Cooker:
1. Sear all sides of the roast in the skillet with olive oil over medium heat.
2. Transfer the roast into the slow cooker, then scatter the onions and mushrooms around.
3. In a mixing bowl, add water and soups. Stir until well blended.
4. Pour the mixture on top of the meat.
5. Cover and seal the slow cooker, then cook the roast for about 8 to 10 hours or until fork-tender.
6. Transfer the roast onto a clean plate.
7. Pour the sauce over the roast.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Serving: 8g, Calories: 781 kcal, Carbohydrates: 13g, Protein: 77g, Fat: 46g, Saturated Fat: 20g, Cholesterol: 273mg, Sodium: 1794mg, Potassium: 1419mg, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 50IU, Vitamin C: 0.7mg, Calcium: 92mg, Iron: 8.4mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!