Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 50 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
Fan of veggies or not, you are still going to enjoy this Creamy Spinach and Mushroom Tortellini with Caramelized Onions! You don’t need meat for this. A very simple recipe that you will surely have fun preparing!
2 yellow onions, large
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
Creamy Pasta Sauce:
9 ounces tortellini (I used 3-cheese tortellini, refrigerated)
1 c heavy cream
8 ounces mushrooms (I used cremini mushrooms)
8 ounces spinach
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp black pepper when serving
1/4 tsp salt
For the Caramelized Onions:
1. Wash and peel the onions. Slice them into thin pieces.
2. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the onion slices, then stir and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Turn the heat down to medium, then cook the onions for another 10 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
6. Reduce the heat to low, then cook the onions for another 10 minutes. Transfer the caramelized onions onto a clean plate.
For the Creamy Sauce:
1. Turn the heat to medium, then add 1 tbsp of olive oil into the same skillet and allow it to become hot.
2. Add the mushroom slices, then sauté for 5 minutes or until soft. Season with salt to taste.
3. Add the fresh spinach, then cook for a few minutes until wilted completely.
4. Put the caramelized onions back into the skillet together with 1/4 tsp salt and 1 cup heavy cream. Stir until well blended. Bring the mixture to a boil.
5. Turn the heat down to low, then simmer for a few more minutes.
6. Refer to the directions provided on the package of the tortellini on how to cook it.
7. Add the drained tortellini into the sauce, then toss until well coated.
8. Garnish with cracked black pepper.
9. Serve and enjoy!
Leftovers can last up to 3 days in the fridge.
Caramelized onions can last up to 2 months in the freezer.
Calories 544 | Calories from Fat 342 | Fat 38g 58% | Saturated Fat 17g 106% | Cholesterol 105mg 35% | Sodium 640mg 28% | Potassium 621mg 18% | Carbohydrates 38g 13% | Fiber 5g 21% | Sugar 5g 6% | Protein 14g 28% | Vitamin A 6190IU 124% | Vitamin C 21.5mg 26% | Calcium 198mg 20% | Iron 3.6mg 20%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!