Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 50 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
There are a lot of flavors in each bite of this Creamy Spinach and Mushroom Tortellini with Caramelized Onions! The best thing about this dish is that you don’t need meat! If you are curious as I was, then you have got to give this recipe a try!
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
2 yellow onions, large
Creamy Pasta Sauce:
8 ounces spinach
8 ounces mushrooms (I used cremini mushrooms)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 c heavy cream
1/4 tsp black pepper when serving
9 ounces tortellini (I used 3-cheese tortellini, refrigerated
1/4 tsp salt
For the Caramelized Onions:
1. Wash and peel the onions, then slice them into thin cuts.
2. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the onions, then stir and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Turn the heat down to medium, then cook the onions for another 10 minutes. Sprinkle salt to season.
6. Reduce the heat to low, then cook the onions for 10 more minutes. All in all, you cooked the onions for 30 minutes. Transfer the caramelized onions onto a clean plate.
For the Creamy Sauce:
1. In the same skillet, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and allow it to become hot.
2. Add the mushrooms, then sauté for 5 minutes or until soft. Season with salt to taste.
3. Add the fresh spinach, then stir and cook for a few minutes until wilted.
4. Add the caramelized onions back into the skillet together with 1/4 tsp salt and 1 cup heavy cream. Stir everything until well blended. Let the mixture boil.
5. Turn the heat down to low, then simmer the mixture for a few more minutes.
6. Refer to the directions provided on the package of the tortellini on how to cook it. Drain.
7. Add the drained tortellini into the skillet, then toss until well coated by the delicious sauce.
8. Sprinkle cracked black pepper on top to garnish.0
9. Serve and enjoy!
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the fridge. They can last up to 3 days.
You can freeze the caramelized onions for almost 2 months.
Calories 544 | Calories from Fat 342 | Fat 38g 58% | Saturated Fat 17g 106% | Cholesterol 105mg 35% | Sodium 640mg 28% | Potassium 621mg 18% | Carbohydrates 38g 13% | Fiber 5g 21% | Sugar 5g 6% | Protein 14g 28% | Vitamin A 6190IU 124% | Vitamin C 21.5mg 26% | Calcium 198mg 20% | Iron 3.6mg 20%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!