Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 35 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
This is a 30-minute recipe that you can try if you want a quick and delicious soup today! This Creamy Vegetable Soup is so heartwarming. Packed with veggies, this is one to try. Enjoy!
1 c corn (canned or frozen)
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 carrot, sliced
2 c whole milk
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 large potatoes, cubed
8 ounces bacon, cooked
1 1/2 c shredded mild cheddar cheese
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
2 c medium broccoli florets
1 c water
32 ounces of chicken broth
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Chop the bacon into small cubes.
2. Place a large pot on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Add the bacon, then cook for a few minutes until crispy. Transfer the crispy bacon onto a clean plate.
4. Prepare the veggies by slicing and chopping them.
5. Place the chopped potatoes into a bowl with water. Water maintains the color of potatoes.
6. Add the onions and carrot, into the same pot with the bacon grease. Saute for a few minutes until soft.
7. Add the garlic, then saute for a minute or until aromatic.
8. Add the potatoes, chicken broth, and water. Allow the mixture to boil, then cook the potatoes for about 10 minutes or until fork-tender.
9. Add the broccoli florets and corn, then cook for a few minutes.
10. In a mixing bowl, add flour and milk. Whisk until well blended.
11. Pour the slurry into the pot. Stir until well blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
12. Add the bacon and cheese, then reduce the heat to low. Stir and cook for a few minutes until the cream cheese has melted completely.
13. Sprinkle your preferred herbs on top to garnish.
14. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 353kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Potassium: 846mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1872IU | Vitamin C: 44mg | Calcium: 280mg | Iron: 4mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!