Prep Time: 45 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 30 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
Serve this Crispy Baked Eggplant Parmesan as is or with a side dish, either way, works! This is a must-try recipe. I’m sure that everyone is going to love it including the picky eaters. Enjoy!
1/2 c Parmesan cheese, fresh grated
1 c panko bread crumbs
2 Eggs, beaten
2 tbsp minced parsley, optional for garnish
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 medium-sized eggplants, about 2 lbs. total
1 and 1/2 c marinara sauce
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1 ½ c shredded mozzarella
1 tsp dried oregano
1. Put the oven rack in the 2nd space on top.
2. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
3. Brush a large baking sheet with 2 tbsp of olive oil.
4. Slice the eggplant into 1-inch-thick lengthwise pieces.
5. Sprinkle salt over the eggplant slices, then allow them to sit for at least 30 minutes or more.
6. Use paper towels to pat dry the eggplant slices. Sprinkle salt and pepper to season.
7. Add grated Parmesan cheese, black pepper, panko breadcrumbs, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper into a mixing bowl. Whisk until well mixed.
8. Add cracked eggs into a separate mixing bowl, then beat until creamy.
9. Coat each eggplant slice with the beaten egg, then into the breadcrumb mixture. Shake off any excess.
10. Add the coated eggplant onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat the process with the rest of the eggplant slices.
11. Put the baking sheet inside the preheated oven and bake the eggplants for about 20 minutes. Turn them over, then bake the other side for another 20 minutes or until golden brown.
12. Add 1/4 cup of marinara sauce and cheese on top of each eggplant slice.
13. Bake them for another 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted completely. Broil for about 2 minutes.
14. Remove from the oven, then sprinkle freshly chopped parsley on top to garnish.
15. Serve and enjoy!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 274 kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 1116mg | Potassium: 638mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 753IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 297mg | Iron: 2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!