This Crispy Potato Roast is so good! A big thanks to my very good friend, Anya, for recommending this recipe. I never would have tasted perfection if it wasn’t for you! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! You are more than welcome to add more ingredients to this recipe if you wish. I am sure that you can do a lot to make this recipe even better! Have a wonderful day, friends. Enjoy!
10-12 russet potatoes, peeled
1 small onion or 4 shallots, peeled and sliced very thin
3 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
4-6 fresh thyme sprigs
About 3 ounces pancetta, cubed
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, add the melted butter and oil. Stir until well blended.
3. Brush a bit of the butter-oil mixture to the bottom and sides of a 10-inch round baking dish.
4. Thinly slice the potatoes.
5. Lay the potatoes in the prepared baking dish vertically.
6. Wedge the onions in the middle of the potato slices.
7. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
8. Brush the rest of the butter oil over the potatoes.
9. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake the potatoes for about 1 hour 25 minutes.
10. Cook the pancetta until crispy. Drain onto a clean plate lined with paper towels.
11. Scatter the pancetta all over the potatoes.
12. Add the thyme sprigs over the potatoes as well.
13. Put it back inside the oven and bake for another 35 minutes.
14. Remove from the oven, then season with a bit of kosher salt.
15. Serve hot with sour cream. Enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!