Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
If you are looking for a new and easy recipe to try, then, you have got to give this one a try! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have a wonderful day, friends. Enjoy!
5 tablespoons Vegetable oil
2 eggs – lightly beaten
3 tablespoons cornflour (cornstarch)
10 tablespoons plain (all-purpose) flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon garlic salt
2 teaspoons paprika
3 chicken breast fillets – chopped into bite-size chunks
1 tablespoon sesame oil – optional – you can leave out and just sprinkle with plenty of sesame seeds at the end if you prefer
2 cloves garlic – peeled and minced
1 tablespoon Chinese rice vinegar – white wine vinegar will work too
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce – use more or less depending on the brand and how spicy you like it
3 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
4 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Small bunch spring onions/scallions – chopped
1. Place a large frying pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
3. In a mixing bowl, add the egg and whisk until creamy.
4. In another mixing bowl, add the cornflour.
5. In another mixing bowl, add the flour, garlic salt, paprika, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well blended.
6. Dip each chicken into the cornflour, then into the egg, then into the flour mixture. Shake off any excess.
7. Add the coated chicken pieces into the pan and cook each side or until brown.
8. Remove the chicken pieces from the pan onto a clean plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil.
9. In the same pan, add the garlic and sauté until aromatic.
10. Add the rest of the sauce ingredients and stir until well combined. Simmer for a few minutes or until the sauce becomes thick.
11. Put the chicken pieces back to the pan and toss until well coated.
12. Remove the pan from the heat.
13. Serve over rice and garnish with spring onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Calories: 542kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 136mg | Sodium: 1915mg | Potassium: 572mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 1075IU | Vitamin C: 7.7mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 3.5mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!