Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 6 hrs 15 mins | Total Time: 6 hrs 30 mins | Yield: 5 Servings
I love how simple yet delicious this Crock Pot Pepper Steak is! Oh, man, you need this recipe in your life! Serve it over rice and you have yourself a meal to remember. Enjoy!
1 large yellow onion
1 15 oz. can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes in their juices
Prepared brown rice quinoa or cauliflower rice, for serving
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
¼ tsp red pepper flakes plus additional to taste
¼ c plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
2 green bell peppers cored and cut into ½-inch strips
2 lbs. sirloin cut into 2-inch, by ½-inch strips
1 tbsp canola oil grapeseed oil, or a different neutral oil
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 red, yellow, or orange bell peppers cored and cut into ½-inch strips
5 tbsp cornstarch divided
2 tbsp honey
¼ c low sodium soy sauce plus additional to taste
½ tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1. In a mixing bowl, add the beef, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt. Toss until well coated.
2. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the beef and cook for about 5 minutes or until all sides turn brown. Move the beef and any accumulated juice into a
6-quart slow cooker.
5. Add onions into the same skillet and sauté until soft.
6. Add 1/4 cup of water and stir until well blended. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the skillet to get the browned bits.
7. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker with the beef.
8. Add tomatoes, red bell peppers, and green bell peppers into the slow cooker.
9. In a bowl, add soy sauce, ginger, honey, red pepper flakes, 3 tbsp cornstarch, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until well blended.
10. Add the mixture into the slow cooker over the veggies.
11. Cover and seal the slow cooker, then cook everything for about 6 to 7 hours on a low setting or 3 to 4 hours on a high setting.
12. Add the slurry (cornstarch and water mixture) and stir until well blended.
13. Remove the cover and cook for 10 more minutes or until the texture of the sauce becomes thick. Add more seasonings if needed. Make sure to taste first before adding anything.
14. Serve and enjoy!
SERVING: 1(of 5) about 1.5 slightly heaped cups, CALORIES: 396kcal | CARBOHYDRATES: 29g | PROTEIN: 42g | FAT: 11g | SATURATED FAT: 3g | CHOLESTEROL: 111mg | POTASSIUM: 928mg | FIBER: 3g | SUGAR: 14g | VITAMIN A: 2036IU | VITAMIN C: 103mg | CALCIUM: 99mg | IRON: 5mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!