Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 5 hrs | Total Time: 5 hrs 5 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
These luscious pork chops will surely make your day extra special! This recipe was the best 5 hours of my life, it was so worth it! Make sure to read the notes at the bottom for some tips. Enjoy!
1/4 c low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 c ketchup
1-3 tbsp red chili paste (I used Gourmet Garden)
1/4 c cornstarch
1/2 c light brown sugar, packed
3-5 lbs. boneless pork chops (thick cut 1-inch- 1 1/2-inch)
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
1. In a 6-quart slow cooker, add all the ingredients aside for the pork chops. Stir until well blended.
2. Add the pork chops, then toss until well coated.
3. Cover and seal the slow cooker, then cook the pork chops for about 4 hours on a low setting.
4. In a mason jar or mixing bowl, add exact amounts of water and cornstarch. Stir or shake until well blended.
5. Add the slurry into the slow cooker, then stir until well blended.
6. Cover the slow cooker and cook everything for another hour. If the pork chops are fork-tender, they are good to go!
7. Serve and enjoy!
You can add less or completely omit the chili paste if you are not a fan of spicy foods.
The cooking time depends on the thickness of the pork chops you are using.
I like serving these pork chops with Parmesan peas, green beans with garlic, or garlic roasted broccoli.
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Add 2 tbsp of water into a baking pan, then lay the pork chops in it.
3. Cover the pan with foil.
4. Place it in the preheated oven and reheat the pork chops for about 10 to 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!