Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 4 hrs 20 mins | Total Time: 4 hrs 25 mins | Yield: 12 Servings
This is the best weekend dish to cook, I’m telling you! Let your family feel that you love them with this Crockpot Chuck Roast! Ready in about 4 hours, this dish is worth all your time and effort! Try it now. Enjoy!
3-lbs boneless chuck roast
1 tbsp kosher salt
1 tsp black ground pepper
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 c balsamic vinegar
2 c beef stock
2 dried bay leaves
1 tbsp dried rosemary
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
Handful fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped (optional garnish)
1. Use cold water to rinse the roast, then use paper towels to pat them dry. Discard any excess fat.
2. Generously season the roast with salt and pepper covering all sides.
3. Place a Dutch oven on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
4. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
5. Add the roast and sear each side for 5 minutes or until nicely brown.
6. Add bay leaves to the bottom of a slow cooker.
7. Transfer the roast into the slow cooker over the bay leaves.
8. In the pot where you seared the roast, add beef stock, balsamic vinegar, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stir until just mixed.
9. Allow the mixture to boil. Scrape the bottom to get the brown bits.
10. Transfer the mixture into the slow cooker on top of the roast.
11. Cover the slow cooker and cook the roast for about 4 hours on a high setting or 8 hours on a low setting. The roast must be fork-tender.
12. Discard the bay leaves, then shred the roast into chunks with two forks.
13. Serve the roast with your delicious sauce. Enjoy!
You can finish cooking the roast in the pot over the stove. Just cook it for about 8 hours on low heat.
Feel free to use red wine instead of balsamic vinegar.
You can also add carrots, potatoes, and onions.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!