Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 4 hrs 20 mins | Total Time: 4 hrs 25 mins | Yield: 12 Servings
Melts in your mouth meat with a delicious sauce cooked to perfection! This Crockpot Chuck Roast is worth all your time and effort, I’m telling you!
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp dried rosemary
1 tsp garlic powder
2 dried bay leaves
3 lbs. boneless chuck roast
1 tbsp kosher salt
1 tsp black ground pepper
Handful fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped (optional garnish)
1/4 c balsamic vinegar
2 c beef stock
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
1. Place the roast under running water to rinse.
2. Use paper towels to pat it dry.
3. Slice away any excess hard fat, then discard.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the roast, then rub it until well coated.
5. Place a Dutch oven on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
6. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
7. Add the roast, then sear each side for 3 to 5 minutes or until brown. Transfer the roast into a slow cooker.
8. Add the bay leaves over the roast.
9. In the empty pot, add garlic powder, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, beef stock, and onion powder. Stir until well blended. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the pot to get the browned bits. Allow the mixture to boil.
10. Transfer the mixture into the slow cooker.
11. Cover and seal the slow cooker, then cook everything for about 6 to 8 hours on a low setting or 3 to 4 hours on a high setting. Discard the bay leaves.
12. Shred the roast into small pieces with two forks. Discard any hard fat.
13. Serve and enjoy!
You can cook this in the Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook for about 7 to 8 hours or until fork-tender.
Feel free to use red wine instead of balsamic vinegar.
You can add potatoes, onions, and carrots if you like.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!