Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 8 hrs | Total Time: 8 hrs 10 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
A big thanks to my sister, Nica, for this spectacular recipe! If you are not a huge fan of beans, well, after eating this awesome dish, you will surely love them! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! By the way, feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. Also, make sure to read the note at the end. Have a wonderful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your peers as well. Enjoy!
1 pound dry pinto beans
6 cups water to 7 cups if not soaking beans prior
1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
½ teaspoon pepper Use ¼ tsp if you prefer less spice.
1 tablespoon bacon fat or ham hock or 2 pieces chopped raw bacon
1 bay leaf optional but recommended if vegetarian
1. Clean the beans with water. Discard any unnecessary things.
2. Place the beans into a large mixing bowl.
3. Add enough water to submerge the beans. Leave them overnight to soak.
4. Diran the soaked beans, then place them into a slow cooker.
5. In the same slow cooker, add bacon grease, 6 cups of water, bay leaf, bacon, ham hock, salt, and pepper. Stir until just mixed.
6. Cover the slow cooker and cook for about 8 hours on a low setting or 5 hours on a high setting.
7. Add more seasonings if needed.
8. Discard the bay leaf.
9. Serve and enjoy!
Feel free to skip the soaking of the beans step if you are in a hurry. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time though.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!