Broccoli and cheese are such a delicious combination for quiche, this is a low-carb broccoli and cheddar quiche. The best thing about this quiche is that it’s crustless and very light which makes it a perfect breakfast or brunch (or even a light dinner)!
CRUSTLESS BROCCOLI CHEDDAR QUICHE
In this recipe, you will discover how you can make your quiche crustless.
This recipe is a low-carb version, it is made with no crust unlike the classic quiche, however, we’ve added a lot of broccoli and some half & half cream in that way the eggs can get more of a creamier texture. If you don’t like eating broccoli on its own this recipe is perfect for you, it tastes better in a quiche with cheddar cheese. Broccoli is a nutrient-rich vegetable that may enhance your health in a variety of ways, such as by reducing inflammation, improving blood sugar control, boosting immunity, and promoting heart health. So this is a good way to include it in your diet.
For all the vegetarian lovers, add a salad on the side, then it,s a perfect low-carb, keto, gluten-free and easy lunch.
BROCCOLI QUICHE VARIATIONS:
- Add ham or bacon while using slightly less broccoli.
- Instead of using Cheddar cheese, you can try mozzarella cheese or Colby Jack cheese.
- You can instead of making them in one large pie dish in individual ramekins.
- If you wish to use a crust, use a deeper pie dish, and use less broccoli.
- This quiche can be refrigerated from 3 to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or oven.
Let us know what are your favorite quiche combinations!
Crustless Broccoli & Cheddar Quiche
- cooking spray
- 3 cups Chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup Grated cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup Half & half cream
- 5 Large eggs
- 3/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 pinch Freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a pie dish with oil.
- Microwave the chopped broccoli florets to steam it with 1 tablespoon water until tender crisp and green, for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spread the broccoli evenly in the dish and top it with the grated cheddar cheese.
- To make the custard mixture, whisk the milk, half and half cream, 5 eggs, salt and pepper, and the nutmeg. Pour the custard into the dish and bake 35 to 40 minutes, until the center is set.
- Cut the quiche ideally into 6 pieces then serve.