Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 50 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
This Crustless Tomato Pie is what you just might need today! Oh, man, you have got to give this recipe a try, I’m telling you! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have a wonderful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
4 tomatoes sliced
1-2 tsp salt
1 tbsp butter
1/2 c onion chopped
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp fresh oregano chopped
6-7 leaves basil chopped
2 c mozzarella cheese shredded, plus extra for sprinkling over top
2 Eggs beaten
1. Put the tomato slices onto plates.
2. Season the tomato slices with salt and allow them to rest for about 20 minutes.
3. Place a small skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
4. Add the garlic and onion, then saute for a few minutes until aromatic and translucent.
5. Remove the sauteed ingredients from the skillet into a mixing bowl.
6. Add the eggs, cheese, pepper, and herbs into the bowl with the sauteed ingredients. Stir until well combined.
7. Discard the liquid from the tomatoes.
8. Transfer the tomato slices onto a pan sprayed with cooking oil. Arrange them in a single layer.
9. Spread 1/4 of the cheese mixture over the tomato slices. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients.
10. Sprinkle a generous amount of mozzarella cheese over the last layer.
11. Prepare the oven and preheat to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
12. Place the tomato pie inside the preheated oven and bake for about 40 minutes or until done.
13. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
14. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!