Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 7 mins | Thaw Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 1 hr 22 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
This Thai recipe is my all-time favorite! The dipping sauce is the real winner. It’s sour, sweet, and spicy. Perfect to go with the juicy steak! A must-try recipe indeed!
2 pounds of Sirloin Steak seasoned with salt on both sides
⅓ cup Lime Juice about 2 limes
2 tbsp Green Onion, Chopped
1 tbsp Water Taste the sauce first and add water as needed to make it less concentrated
2 tbsp Cilantro, Chopped
1 tsp Coconut Sugar or sub brown sugar or regular sugar
2 tbsp Thai Fish Sauce
2 tsp Ground Thai Chili Pepper Use more or less depending on the spice level. Can sub red pepper flakes or fresh Thai chilis
1 tsp Ground Toasted Rice (If making your own, toast 2 tbsp, Sweet Glutinous Rice with Lime Leaves and grind to a fine powder)
Lettuce leaves, Cabbage leaves, Cucumber Slices, Thai Sticky Rice, or regular rice
1. In a large bowl, add toasted rice powder, lime juice, cilantro, coconut sugar, green onion, fish sauce, Thai pepper, and water. Stir until well blended. Add more seasonings if needed. Make sure to taste first before adding anything.
2. Place a cast-iron skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Use paper towels to pat dry the steaks. Sprinkle the seasonings over the steaks, then rub each until well coated.
4. Add the seasoned steaks into the hot skillet, then cook each side for a few minutes according to your preference. Rare, medium-rare, or well done.
5. Transfer the steaks onto a clean serving plate and allow them to rest for at least 10 minutes at room temperature to incorporate all the flavors.
6. Serve warm with the dipping sauce, rice, cabbage leaves, etc. Enjoy!
Serving: 1g, Calories: 321 kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 138mg | Sodium: 855mg | Potassium: 854mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 351IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 4mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!