Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Additional Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 1 hr 55 mins | Yield: 24 Servings
Make your favourite cup of coffee because the perfect cake is here! This cake is my all-time favourite! I want everyone to taste how delicious this is so, here you go, friends! Feel free to add more ingredients if you wish. Enjoy!
1 ¾ c all-purpose flour
1 c dark cocoa powder (such as Hershey’s® Special Dark)
2 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 c firmly packed dark brown sugar
½ c white sugar
½ c unsalted butter softened
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 c strong brewed coffee, at room temperature
1 c buttermilk, at room temperature
1 c unsalted butter, softened
¾ c dark cocoa powder (such as Hershey’s® Special Dark), sifted
1 tsp instant espresso powder
⅛ tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 c powdered sugar, or to taste
7 tbsp heavy whipping cream, or as needed
For the Cake:
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray in a 10×14-inch rimmed baking sheet, then line it with parchment paper.
3. Add flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt into a mixing bowl. Whisk until well mixed.
4. In another mixing bowl, add butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Beat until well mixed.
5. Add the eggs gradually and beat every addition.
6. Add the vanilla extract and stir until well blended.
7. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture and whisk until well mixed. Add 1/2 of the coffee and buttermilk, then beat until mixed. Repeat until all the flour mixture, coffee, and buttermilk are well mixed.
8. Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
9. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
10. Remove from the oven and allow it to coo for a few minutes at room temperature.
For the Frosting:
1. Add butter into a large mixing bowl. Beat until creamy.
2. Add espresso powder, cocoa powder, and salt. Stir until well mixed.
3. Add vanilla and stir until well blended.
4. Add the powdered sugar gradually and beat every addition.
5. Add the heavy cream and beat until well mixed and smooth.
6. Pour the frosting over the cooled cake and spread it evenly.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 285.8 | Protein: 3.3g 7% | Carbohydrates: 39.2g 13% | Dietary Fiber: 2.3g 9% | Sugars: 28.5g | Fat: 14.6g 22% | Saturated Fat: 9g 45% | Cholesterol: 52.4mg 18% | Vitamin A Iu: 441.3IU 9% | Niacin Equivalents: 1.5mg 11% | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Folate: 22mcg 6% | Calcium: 37.8mg 4% | Iron: 1.4mg 8% | Magnesium: 36.8mg 13% | Potassium: 152.7mg 4% | Sodium: 189.7mg 8% | Thiamin: 0.1mg 9% | Calories From Fat: 131.2
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!