Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 25mins | Total: 45 mins | Servings: 8 | Yield: 8 servings
I love sipping in this delicious Ham and Potato Soup during cold days. I love the warm sensation I feel every time I eat it. It’s so easy to make this ham and potato soup, and it’s also a great way to use leftover ham.
If you enjoy soup or not, this rich and flavourful ham and potato soup is something you would enjoy. Serve with honey cornbread or garlic knots on the side, and watch the rave reviews come in. Try this recipe for Delicious Ham and Potato Soup, and enjoy it with your loved ones.
3 ½ cups peeled and diced potatoes
⅓ cup diced celery
⅓ cup finely chopped onion
¾ cup diced cooked ham
(3 ¼) cups water
2 tbsp chicken bouillon granules
½ tsp salt, or to taste
1 tsp ground white or black pepper
5 tbsp butter
5 tbsp all-purpose flour
2 cups of milk
1. Add and combine potatoes, celery, onion, ham, and water in a stockpot. Let it boil, then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender for 10 to 15 minutes. Then stir in the chicken bouillon, salt, and pepper.
2. In a separate saucepan, add and melt butter over medium-low heat. Then whisk in the flour with a fork, and cook until thick for a minute, stirring constantly. Stir slowly in milk as not to allow lumps to form until you add all of the milk, stir continuously over medium-low heat until thick for 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Stir the milk mixture into the stockpot, and cook soup until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.
1. Leftover ham, or any diced cooked ham like a ham steak, can be used. I like keeping the pieces on the bigger side so that the soup has a lot of texture.
2. This soup has plenty of salty ingredients between the ham, chicken broth, and cheese, so limit adding some salt until the very end after you’ve sampled the final dish.
Per Serving: 194.9 calories; fat 10.5g 16% DV; cholesterol 29.9mg 10% DV; sodium 393.7mg 16% DV; protein 6.1g 12% DV; carbohydrates 19.5g 6% DV.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!